Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Building on the Foundation


The idea of traveling across the world and being immersed in unfamiliar cultures has become the passion of my heart.  I want to learn about new people and look beneath the surface of their society to understand what comprises their communities.  Since starting college at Mount Vernon Nazarene University and claiming my major as Spanish, I had the intuition that I probably would live outside of the States. 

I was raised in a Christian household where I was taught a firm foundation in my beliefs and ethics.  It wasn’t until I had really gained spiritual independence on my own that my beliefs turned into a devotion and relationship with Christ.  Since then He has been pushing me in strides.  I am amazed at my growth and at the lessons He is teaching me.  Something He is teaching me with this call to Peru is reliance on Him for comfort.  His call that we give up everything and follow Him has never been more real to me than now.  Matthew 6:25-33 has been an amazing comfort just knowing that He will provide for me always.


Trevor Allen is a 40/40 Mission Corp volunteer with Extreme Nazarene Ministries serving in Puno, Peru.

Keep connected with Trevor while he serves in Peru through his blog or Facebook.