Monday, February 27, 2012
Nazarene World Week of Prayer : Asia Pacific
1. Nazarene Theological College (NTC) in Australia is strategic to equip and develop leaders for the church in Australia and New Zealand. Pray for increased student enrollment, staffing needs, faculty development, satellite/video extension centers, and financial strength.
2. Pray for the developing GAP year program at NTC. GAP year is the year after high school in which students are encouraged to investigate future avenues of education, growth, and ministry.
3. Pray for leadership development and for the third field conference that will focus on cross-cultural ministry and organic church planting. District leaders will gather to build on their strengths and to reinforce the team aspect of their work.
4. In a country on the Asia-Pacific Region, social unrest has led to violence against Christians. Please pray for believers’ safety in the affected areas, that the violence will stop, and that peace will be restored. Pray that believers will exhibit the love of God to their persecutors.
5. Pray for the safety of teachers and students in training schools on the Chinese Ministries Field.
6. Pray for revival and church planting movements in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
7. Pray for retired Nazarene pastors on the Japan District who are in deteriorating health.
8. Pray for the leadership, faculty, and students of Korea Nazarene University.
9. Pray that Korean Nazarenes would be effective in making Christlike disciples in their communities.
10. Pray for the Melanesia Nazarene Teachers College as God moves the college into its next phase of development under the leadership of the PNG National Board.
11. Pray for the ongoing process for accreditation at the Indonesia Nazarene Theological College.
12. Pray for the new Java-Bali District Superintendent Yohanes Winoto as he learns his new role and leads the district toward Phase 3 status (minimum of 20 organized churches, 1,000 full members, and 10 ordained ministries, 100 percent self-supporting regarding district administration).
13. Pray for the parliamentary and presidential elections in East Timor to be held from April to July 2012. Pray for peace and stability during the election season, and that the curch will be salt and light.
14. Pray that the Dili Church in East Timor will be given permission to build on the land it owns.
15. Pray for outreach and discipling opportunities among refugee populations in a creative access area.
16. Pray for the groups that meet weekly for worship, fellowship, and discipling in Singapore.
17. Pray that the existing churches in the Indonesian province of Papua will take advantage of great opportunities to grow and to start new churches.
18. Please pray for God’s continued leading in the exciting expansion of the Church of the Nazarene in Fiji and especially for the three elders who make up the new District Superintendent Team.
19. Pray for God’s ongoing multiplication of churches and revival in Samoa under the leadership of District Superintendent Mona.
20. Pray for the rebuilding and cleanup in Cagayan De Oro City and Iligan City in the Philippines, following the December 2011 Typhoon Sendong. Pray for the medical volunteers, the establishment of safe places for children, and for the plan to have a training center and church at the relocation area (tent city) in Cagayan De Oro.
21. Pray for church planting initiatives in Calbayog and Catarman, two key cities in Samar Province, one of the ten most impoverished provinces in the Philippines.
22. Pray for Micronesia District Nazarenes as they make disciples among the island nations of the Pacific. Pray for workers and the reopening of the church in the Pacific Island nation of Palau.
23. Intercede for the salvation of those people who do not yet know Christ in Southeast Asia. Pray that believers would see church planting opportunities person-to-person, home-to-home, city-to-city.
24. Intercede for open doors into new communities where God is at work preparing the way for new church plants through cell group discipleship ministry.
25. Pray for permanence of fruit, that leaders might equip people to effectively disciple others. Pray for effective pastoral training in creative access areas. Pray that responsibilities will be transferred to the new generation of eager, passionate servant leaders.
26. Our world has just be rocked! Regional Director Rev. Verne Ward, a man with a HUGE heart for God and for people, has been elected as Global Mission Director! Be in prayer for Verne & Natalie and this incredible transition!
Subscribe to the NMI Prayer Mobilization Line
Thank you for taking these to the throne room of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
at 8:00 AM