Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Called. . .



Christ entered my life at an early age.  I grew up in Painesville, OH attending the local Nazarene church every Sunday and Wednesday that was humanly possible.  After high school, I decided on attending Olivet Nazarene University in Illinois to study Engineering.  By second semester, I changed to a double major in Math and Actuarial Science.  My faith only grew stronger at Olivet (it's a great school.)  God blessed me in so many ways, and He has prepared my heart to only want to serve Him.

After finishing my first year at Olivet, God couldn't have been more obvious in calling me to Peru.  I'm mega-excited for this journey.  My major has nothing to do with missions work, but I feel that I can bless people even more with the skills that I possess.  One of my favorite verses, John 15:13, states, "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."  He died for us.  The very least I can do starts with this trip. God bless.

Garren Moore is currently a 40/40 Mission Corps Volunteer with Extreme Nazarene Ministries serving in Puno, Peru.

Keep connected with Garren as he draws near to the close his two year service to the Lord through his blog or through facebook.